epike on Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:50:41 -0400

Re: [PLUG] problems uploading through browser/ftping

> Dumb question #2. If I dump my router and throw in another network card in and use the webserver as a router, that'll work, right?

The other thing you can try is move the linux box to
the DMZ zone if the router has such a feature..however
this effectively puts the linux box "outside" the router.

But the correct way is to reconfigure wu-ftpd to use the correct
address:  man ftpaccess(5) shows how -- look for the "passive
address" configuration.  (never tried this myself).  To quote
from the manpage:

         passive address <externalip> <cidr>
         Allows control of the address reported in response
         to a PASV command.

Another thing is, if you are on a remote host withouth
a firewall on a routable IP,  You can try DISABLING passive
mode.

e pike / jondz