LeRoy Cressy on Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:50:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] problems uploading through browser/ftping

How many computers do you have for your network?
	Do you have 2 or 3 Linux boxes?

If you have 3 Linux boxes we could setup
	a firewall
	dmz with mail and a web server
	lan workstation with other boxes connected to the lan

jon wrote:

> Ok.... so I'm starting to get it.
>
> I've determined that my firewall works... but is somewhat retarded and there's nothing I could do to fix that thing in this case. (That's why it was so cheap, eh?)

What is your current firewall running?

> Dumb question #2. If I dump my router and throw in another network card in and use the webserver as a router, that'll work, right?

Yes

> Is PPPoE in linux super evil to set up? Has anyone played with the gui connection sharing thing in Mandrake 8.2?

If you are using verizon pppoe you do not have a static IP which is what
you want to have a web server.   As long as you have a static IP pppoe
is fine but not the brighest solution.  Pure ethernet would be better.
I am using DirectDSL which gives you one useable static IP and 2 others
used for the system.

> Thanks for your help, guys... I really appreciate it. This is finally starting to make sense...

If you need any help I will be glad to help.