Molnar, Bradley on Tue, 16 Apr 2002 06:45:40 -0400

RE: [PLUG] What am I missing about RPM?

Ok, here's my ideas--

I have NO ideas about up2date and rpmfind (haven't used them -- usually use
source or yellowdog's YUP -- which is really great by the way)

Anyway, rpm has a couple of options that you might try.

The first is

rpm -Uhv <package>

That should do a normal update.  the 'hv' means verbose and print hashes (it
is how I like to use it, they aren't needed, but, it doesn't look like it
has frozen, which is good for impatient people like me).

If that doesn't work, try

rpm -Uhv --force <package>
-or-
rpm -ihv --force <package>

Either way, I'm asking a friend of mine down here (in Sydney) who is
producing his own version of RH 7.2 your question and I'll his ideas (if he
has any).

-brad