LeRoy Cressy on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:20:53 -0400

[PLUG] System won't boot

It seems that the kernel on Samantha's box isn't even loading and that
the mbr on her box is fried.  There is an interesting discussion on this
on Ralf Brown Interrupt List

http://www.ctyme.com/intr/rb-2270.htm

The jmp instruction to the kernel code might not be set correctly and
thus might not allow the system to boot.  Also if the system is an old
system the bios might not be able to handle a large disk.

--
Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                       http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )