Bill Jonas on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:30:24 +0200

Re: [PLUG] gpg/mailing list?

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 12:02:29PM -0400, kevin mudrick wrote:
> is there something that would facilitate this, wherein if i were a
> member of a list, i could send an encrypted message to the list
> address, which would then automatically send out the message to the
> list members, encrypted for them only?

Can I ask what the point of this would be?  You would already be
transmitting the message en clair to the list itself, which would defeat
the purpose of encrypting it later.  Or are you talking about having a
master list key that one would encrypt to, to avoid the cleartext issue?

(No, I don't know of any myself.  Just wondering about the motivation.)

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin