gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:35:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 06:32:22PM -0400, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> I'm missing something here... How do I get my key to a key server?
> That's not on the web page (phillylinux.org/keys/).

gpg --send-keys <your key ID>

> Also, how do I know who's participating?  John Lavin is the only
> name I recall seeing so far.

That's where the PLUG key ring comes in handy, just grab it, and
print the output of:

  gpg --keyring <PLUG key ring> --no-default-keyring --fingerprint

Alternately, don't care, but at the meeting you'll have to not just
check but *record* everyone's fingerprint AND key ID (these are long
strings of random characters, so that wouldn't be a lot of fun),
then, when you get home, do gpg --recv-keys <all the key IDS>, gpg
--fingerprint <all the key IDs>, verify that they are what you
recorded at the meeting, then:

  for i in <key IDs with valid fingerprints> ; do gpg --sign-key $i ; done.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net