Bill Jonas on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:40:17 +0200

Re: [PLUG] e-mail to PLUG disappearence

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 12:33:37PM -0400, John Lavin wrote:
> I attempted a test e-mail over the weekend sent to PLUG via mutt/postfix.
> As of yet, I haven't seen a bouced message or it posted on the list.

Hmm, I've noticed a little bit of similar oddness myself.  (One or two
of my posts hasn't really made it to the list.)

> The only thing I can think of is that the e-mail address validation didn't
> pass muster when it hit the listserv.

If that were the case, you'd get a reply from Mailman telling you that
"only approved posters may post without moderator approval" (or
something to that effect).  (BTW, for those that see this and don't know
what it means, it means that Mailman didn't recognize your email
address, so it's handling your mail like that of a non-subscriber, ie,
holding it for moderator approval.  All subscribed posters are approved
posters.)

> Any ideas?  How about the list admins?

I haven't seen it in the queue, myself.  I don't really know.  If things
get worse, Darxus and I will look further into the problem and/or at
other options (if absolutely necessary).  In the mean time, if you
notice a post of yours not making it onto the list, send mail to
plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org with the Date:, Subject:, and From:
headers (from your sent-mail mailbox).

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin