Bill Jonas on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:43:23 -0400

Re: RE: Re: Re: [PLUG] Creative SBLive! Value sound card

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:04:34PM -0400, billywissman@netscape.net wrote:
> Test sound using Realplayer8 and "cat (audiofile) >/dev/dsp" no sound
> nor errors? Sounds like something is muted, but don't where to look?

Can you get sound as root?  If so, double-check the permissions on the
audio devices, as well as what privileges your UID has.

If not, I'm running low on ideas.  Perhaps switching the physical PCI
slot the card is in might help; perhaps not.  Has it worked under any
other Linux distributions before?

You may consider looking through the forums and asking for help at
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1> (linked from
<http://opensource.creative.com/>).

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin