Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:26:59 -0400

Re: [PLUG] What am I missing about RPM?

> I just use red-carpet to update RH machines - works for me.  (It works
                                                ^^^^^

> on debian too, but only stable).

Can you please elaborate on that? What does 'works' mean. No, I'm not
trying to be anal, this could mean, 'shows pretty animations and no
errors' or  'updates all packages to the most stable version'. Big
difference. I'm guessing you meant the later.

For example, what version of openssh is
running? When was this updated? Last time I used red carpet (rc) it only
updated to openssh3.0. It looked really pretty, but it was slow over
remote-X. Is there a cli version of this so I can toss this in a cronjob?

Thanks for the info.

Fred