Gerald D. Neale on Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:20:23 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Converting graphics on linux

> General graphics question here,
>
> I got a HUGE animated gif with some simulation data
> on it, and so far I have
> yet to find a browser or viewer that can handle a
> 150meg gif.  I was able to
> break it up into individual gif files and now I wish
> to convert it to an AVI
> or Mpeg.  Can anyone tell me of  a library or shell
> command to make these
> into a real movie.  Also is there a mpeg or AVI
> library that allows me to
> write directly to the video file.  If so I can patch
> this POS to output a
> real video format instead of these huge GIF files.
You might try the "convert" command in the imagemagick
tool set. Here's a list of posible formats to convert
to and from. GIF and MPEG are among them.
http://www.imagemagick.org/www/ImageMagick.html
Jerry

=====
The Cherry Hill Linux User's Group
meets on the first Friday of every month.
http://www.chlug.org