Doug Crompton on Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:39:31 -0400

Re: Ricochet and various wireless (was: Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?)

The (less) expensive ones use both - .9/2.4G TX/RX and they are not spread
spectrum. A true 2.4G full duplex SS runs about $120 or more last time I
checked. You have to read the fine print when you buy these things. It can
be deceiving. I bought one (.9/2.4) for about $70 and I ended up taking it
back and getting a full SS unit. It worked infinitly better.

Doug

On 21 Apr 2002, Noah Silva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not directly disputing you (because it's not like I've taken a
> frequency counter to my phone), but I was under the impression that any
> frequencies transmitted from the device would have to be listed on the
> device or manual, and I can't find anything about 900mhz listed anywhere
> in my phone's documentation.  Also:  Why would it use 900mhz when it is
> using 2.4ghz already?  I would see using both to achieve a more stable
> signal or doing base-> handset on one frequency and handset -> Base
> transmissions on the other frequency.  But I think either of these would
> be too complicated for my crappy $60 cordless phone.
>
>  -- noah silva
>
> On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 21:24, Bill Jonas wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 08:36:22PM -0400, Noah Silva wrote:
> > > Well I have a 2.4Ghz phone and it doesn't bother it.  The frequency
> > > range on the Ricochet GT box says: 902-928MHz.  It doesn't use the whole
> >
> > 2.4GHz phones actually use both the 2.4GHz band and the 900MHz band.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Jonas    *    bill@billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/
> > "They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
> > safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *