Michael F. Robbins on Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:30:03 -0400

[PLUG] 35 years from now...

AFAIK, in the year 2037, the number of seconds from unix epoch (Jan 1
1970) will overflow the size of a signed 32-bit storage field.  However,
in my PHP programs, I commonly use the time() function (identical to
date('U')) because it's easy to do math with.  I know that this is
looking quite far down the road, but how do I deal with this in my PHP
programs?  Will PHP evolve to return a different data type?  How is this
problem being dealt with in the C/C++ world?

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com