Michael F. Robbins on Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:58:39 -0400

[PLUG] 256 color & XFree86 issues

I picked up an old HP Envizex X-Terminal off ebay (see
http://www.ductape.net/~brianm/xterm/).  Got it doing XDMCP off the
linux box.  Sometimes, especially in konqueror or mozilla, the box will
just freeze.  My current hypothesis is that this is because the box only
runs at 256 colors, and that the programs are trying to allocate more.
What can I do to prevent the over-allocation of the color pallet?

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com