Noah silva on Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:30:47 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Comparing POP3 and IMAP

You can send nearly anything through an SSH tunnel, but it has to be
properly set up at both ends, which tends to mean you can't do it to a
public protocol unless you can get others to cooperate.  (i.e. I could set
up my mail server to accept SMTP connections only inside an SSH tunnel,
but I probably wouldn't get any email) - So this limits you mainly to
internal use.

 -- noah silva