Time on Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:30:26 +0200

Re: [PLUG] OT: Job Postings?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Chris Fearnley wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:03:49PM -0400, Time wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:51:54AM -0400, Kyle R . Burton wrote:
> > >
> > > I received another email from a recruiter this morning.  I know there was
> > > discussion about wether job postings, and what type of job postings are
> > > appropriate for this list, but I don't remember with any real clarity the
> > > concensus that was reached.
> >
> > Good point. I'd say turn this over to Chris Fearnley since it hasn't
> > been resolved.
>
> I don't understand why I would be involved, I prefer to defer to others
> on all "leadership" issues.  Darxus & Bill Jonas have "control" (such
> as it is) to the mailing list.
>
> Personally, I think these types of postings are OK.  With the same
> caveats that others have indicated (no Windows, save bandwidth & use
> links to web sites if possible, etc.).  Personally, I don't like the
> idea of trying to legislate out topics.

I agree that imposing legislation isn't the answer but I'm honestly not
the one(s) with the complaints, I was attempting to provide a path to a
solution if not a solution directly. 8)

The options were:

1) With permission from Chris, create a standard grep'able/filterable tag:

[PLUG] OT: Job Postings

   ...and create one of the following in .procmailrc

# I like to eat
:0:
* ^Subject:.*Job
/home/user/mail/jobs