Michael Leone on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:23:41 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting thread on SEUL-EDU mailing list...

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 12:28, Jon Galt wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Michael Leone wrote:
>
> > They might be able to force an audit via the BSA. I worked for a
> > place once that got sued by the BSA for license violations; it was a
> > long, extended, extremely agrravating 2.5 yrs ...
>
> And how did BSA gather their information about the software being used?

We had to submit reports to them, detailing what we bought; when; on how
many PCs it was installed; etc. And we had to inform them of any new
software we purchased.

Remember, the BSA brings lawsuits. All that auditing, etc, was required
by the lawsuit.

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

Conform or be cast out.