Noah Silva on Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:08:44 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Wireless/ Co-op?

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 17:09, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 01:20:14PM -0700, Jeyes, David (371) wrote:
> > That's the ticket! A community of friends (trusting on MAC address
> > identification). We are all sharing our existing broadband connection,
> > rather than purchasing tons of new lines. This would also take care of the
> > recurring fee.
>
> Well, if you want to use Noah's gear, you'll have to find yourself a
> Ricochet modem.

Last I checked, you could find them fairly cheaply on ebay.  Of course,
I started buying them AFTER metricom announced they were going out of
business, and BEFORE they were bought out by a place planning to restore
the service.

 -- noah silva