Jon Galt on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:20:35 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting thread on SEUL-EDU mailing list...

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Noah silva wrote:

> > Cf, my comment about being ruled by corporations, not governments.
>
> Well I think it's bad because at least the government has a semi-common
> rule structure.  When it comes down to it, the government can be cohersed
> into controlling it's bad citizens, including corperations.

Maybe in theory, but the way it works in real life is that the bad
citizens, including corporations, have just as much ability to take the
reins of government, and they have significantly higher incentive to do
so.  So most of the coercion is perpetrated through government by those
bad citizens.

Wayne

Need an experienced programmer who knows
both the Unix and Microsoft worlds?

Then you need to hire Wayne:
http://hirewayne.com

wayne@hirewayne.com