Doug Crompton on Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:01:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Wireless/ Co-op?

On 25 Apr 2002, Michael Leone wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 19:53, Doug Crompton wrote:
>
> > So I see at least three ways to go about this.
> >
> >    1. Just steal BW from an exisitng account or accounts and pipe it to
> > whoever can get to it. This would be the hobbyist or experimenters mode
> > with no guaranteed reliability and little or no cost other than equipment .
>
> That would be more of a thief mode, wouldn't it?

Poor choice of words. Piggyback would have been better. In other words
conforming to the providers regulations. Unless the provider provided
additional IP's, or you bought them, this would have to be a masquaraded
WAN anyway.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *