Jesse P. Schultz on Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:34:40 -0400

Re: [PLUG] VPN between Linux and Windows

There was a good article on this in the jJnuary 2002 Linux journal

The main software is Freeswan:
http://www.freeswan.org

I think it requires kernal recompile to work

A single disk boot and run distribution (the focus of the article, and the
authors project) is DUCLING (Diskette based Ultra Compact Linux Ipsec Network
Gateway)

It is based on the LRP (Linux Router Project)
http://www.linuxrouter.org

The link to ftp.cinemage.com to get the software does not seem to be working.
so you may have to do a search for it..

He tests using windows software from http://www.ipsec.com
Although any ipsec complient clent should work with either ipsec or ducling.

I plan to try this out myself as soon as I can get the time.