LeRoy Cressy on Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:30:27 +0200

[PLUG] Debian Woody Upgrade

Hi All,

For all of you who are using fvwm2 and have either a .xsession or
.xinitrc file with various xterms starting on various desktops like:

xterm -xrm "*Desk:5" -T Netaxs -n Netaxs -sl 900 -bg MintCream -fg
"black" &
xterm -xrm "*Page:5 0 1" -T Netaxs -n Netaxs -sl 900 -bg MintCream -fg
"black" &

The latest version of fvwm is broken.  There is an outstanding bug
report #133611 detailing the behavor of fvwm.  The fix to make it act
like it normally does is to add the following line to
/etc/X11/fvwm/post.hook

Style "*" CaptureHonorsStartsOnPage

According to the fvwm man page the default is CaptureIgnoresStartsOnPage
which is a change from the previous behavor.  I don't know why the fvwm
team has changed the behavor.

--
Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com   /\_/\
                       http://lrcressy.com        ( o.o )