Art Alexion on Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:57:58 -0400

Re: [PLUG] PalmOS Cell Phone? [Was Re: (GUI Mail? In UNIX?!?]

Brian Epstein wrote:

I've had my 6035 for almost a year now. I bought it when it was still $499, and it's been worth every penny! Compared to the I300, the 6035 beats in all regards in my book.

The only things that I feel are missing are:

- memory slot, 8 megs will never be enough memory
absolutely.

- color (although I'll take longer battery life over color anyday)

I have a Palm IIIc and the color screen, a pleasure to use indoors, is always useless outside during the day, and about 50-50 in the shade of the car. That's OK for a PDA, but unacceptable for a cell phone. I thought I'd miss the color, but not really.

- detachable keypad (or have it slide away somewhere).

I kinda like the way the keypad acts as a cover.

- standard Palm III or V or VII connector. You have to fashion your own.

I agree here.

- 3G

And here.

Like you, I would have been happy if I'd paid $499, but I'm glad that I didn't.

art