Chuck Peters on Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:56:58 -0400

PR War was Re: [PLUG] Interesting thread on SEUL-EDU mailing list...

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, LeRoy Cressy wrote:

> It just seems to me that the lawyers at Microsoft are doing everything
> in their power to destroy the popularity of Linux and BSD.  Their clever
> statements and wording can make some afraid to load Linux.  All I was
> looking at is the depths that they will go to to destroy the Linux
> community.  Needless to say we don't even want Windows on our machines
> and most hard core Linux users have built their own boxes.

Reading your comments and some recent email conversations with John Karr
about the install fest have made it clear to me that we need to work on
press releases.  The media doesn't cover much about Linux locally and
Linux User Groups are a very good way to learn about it.  I'll talk to my
friend Kathy, she is the professional writer, and how about we start doing
press releases on every PLUG and CCLUG meeting?

If you have local media contacts appropriate for sending press releases,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Chuck