Michael Lazin on Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:53:52 -0400

[PLUG] Problems with Apache and FTP

I just upgraded my Linux Mandrake 7.1 to version 8.2, and added a router with a firewall to my network.  I opened ports 21,23, and 80 on the firewall so I can use FTP telnet, and run my web server.  I have every reason to believe that these ports are really open, because telnet works.  I am also able to surf the web with my server.  Can someone please give me a pointer in troubleshooting why FTP and my web server aren't working?

Thanks,

Michael