Bradley Molnar on Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:14:33 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Problems with Apache and FTP

you will need to open port 20 as well (21 is ftp-control, 20 is ftp-data)

Although, this would look like you could connect to the ftp server, you just couldn't actually get any data.  Is this the problem or can you not even authenticate to the ftp server?

cheers
-brad
-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Michael Lazin
Sent: Monday, 29 April 2002 11:53 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Problems with Apache and FTP

I just upgraded my Linux Mandrake 7.1 to version 8.2, and added a router with a firewall to my network.  I opened ports 21,23, and 80 on the firewall so I can use FTP telnet, and run my web server.  I have every reason to believe that these ports are really open, because telnet works.  I am also able to surf the web with my server.  Can someone please give me a pointer in troubleshooting why FTP and my web server aren't working?

Thanks,

Michael