JP Toto on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:40:32 +0200

[PLUG] Possible MBR Curruptoin (With the question, this time)

Im sorry for the empty post. Too quick on the draw.

Anyhoo - here's my problem:

I have an Abit BE6II with the HPT370 non raid
controller. Connected to that is an IBM UDMA66 drive.
Now, when I boot from either Mandrake 8.2 or SuSE 8.0
boot install cd's (with newer kernels) and it tries to
"detect paritions" of my IBM drive it just hangs.

Similarly I get an "ARC Read Error" from my Win2k boot
install cd.

Im guessing the MBR is somehow currupted from one or
two of the other errors/issues I've had with it.
Haven't tried a different drive yet, though. Any
thoughts? Is there a way to edit/repair a master boot
record? Any thoughts would be groovy. Thanks.

Cheerios, - JP

=====
JP Toto
ViceClown@yahoo.com