Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:40:46 +0200

Re: [PLUG] AbiWord

> >I opened it in Abiword, an saved it to Palm Doc format. Closed it
> >and installed it on my Palm.  The 5 page ocument was tuncatd to
> >approximately 2-4.  Tried to reopen the PDB in Abiword but the file
> >caused repeated crashes of the program.

This sounds like the problem rests squarely on the shoulders of abiword.

Perhaps you should use another translator (open office?)

Also try saving in a diff format.

abiword is great, but it's not perfect yet, it crashes when you feed it
certain docs and it doesn't always export right. It's good enough for most
daily use by now, though, and it seems to be getting better, but not any
more bloated. I esp like how stability is increasing unlike other forms of
word I've used.

Fred