Paul on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:40:48 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Download problems solved

That's interesting.  The 115200 setting refers to the communication
between the modem and the serial interface, not the modem to modem
speed.  With most PC serial ports, 115200 is the setting to use.  (I
don't know how it works with internal modems.)  Maybe it isn't the
modem settings.  Maybe your port settings need to be adjusted?

The modem should negotiate it's highest modem to modem speed against
the other modem automatically, starting at the highest possible
speed.  That speed being 56k or 53k.