Toby DiPasquale on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:40:21 +0200

[PLUG] USB joystick?

Hi all,

	I was just getting back into the joys of the NES and SMS console
systems on my trusty XMESS emulator here, and I noticed that I did indeed
own a USB Gravis Gamepad Pro, and didn't __HAVE__ to use the keyboard to
play the games. When I recompiled the kernel to include USB HID
module support, rebooted and then modprobe'd the hid module, that worked
just fine. I even did the mknod stuff recommended in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/hiddev.txt. However, I still can't get
anything to recognize the joystick. This includes: XMAME, XMESS,
Quake-SDL, ZSNES and SpaceTripper. I am running Debian (a mix of
testing/unstable, no stable) with the 2.4.17 kernel. Anybody ever try to
use a USB joystick on Linux before? TIA!

    ^	   |  << Tobias DiPasquale >>
   . .     |
  / V \	   |  mailto: anany@ece.villanova.edu
 /(   )\   |  web: http://cbcg.net/