Paul on Wed, 1 May 2002 12:22:53 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Publisher 98 to PDF

I just used Ghostscript (for Windows since I'm working on a solution
for a Windows user) to convert a Postscript file into a PDF.  The PS
file is 3k, the PDF is 41k!  What's going on?!  Maybe I missed
something, but if a PS file is always that much smaller, why use PDF?

Also, the converted PDF has the same quality as the PS when viewed in
GSview, but it doesn't look as good when viewed with Acrobat Reader
4.0.  Another PDF that I downloaded looks just as good in both
viewers.  I guess I am missing something.