Gregson Helledy on Wed, 1 May 2002 12:46:08 -0400

[PLUG] Download problems solved

I do use a setserial line in the boot process, something like:
setserial 0x3f8 ttyS2 irq5

Omitting things like port speed and UART from a setserial command leaves
defaults, but I never gave any thought to what those defaults are.  I will
have to RTFM when I get the time.  Thanks for the tip!

Greg

============================
That's interesting.  The 115200 setting refers to the communication
between the modem and the serial interface, not the modem to modem
speed.  With most PC serial ports, 115200 is the setting to use.  (I
don't know how it works with internal modems.)  Maybe it isn't the
modem settings.  Maybe your port settings need to be adjusted?

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
this message to anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message
and notify GRA, Inc. (gramail@gra-inc.com) immediately.  Please advise
immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail
for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by GRA, Inc. unless
otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this
message.