JP Toto on Fri, 3 May 2002 09:38:41 -0400

[PLUG] rc.local ? Config Problem

Hi all... here's the issue:

I have a mandrake 8.1 server. I have added apache
tomcat and the java sdk so that I can start playing
with jsp pages. My goal is to have the tomcat server
start automagically on boot.

Now, I used webmin to add the tomcat service to the rc
files which generated nice little startup/shutdown
scripts that appear to be working normally.

The problem is the environment variables. JAVA_HOME
and CATALINA_HOME need to be set in order for tomcat
to startup correctly on boot. I tried putting:

export JAVA_HOME=/path/to/sdk
export CATALINA_HOME=/path/to/tomcat

in my rc.local file but it never gets set during boot
and tomcat doesn't start correctly. Is my syntax
incorrect? This syntax works fine when I manually
export these variables. I don't think this is a huge
problem but Im definitely missing something so any
help/suggestions would be great. Thanks!!

Cheerios, - JP

=====
JP Toto
ViceClown@yahoo.com