Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 3 May 2002 12:07:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] rc.local ? Config Problem

> > Is there any quick reason why this is? ps thinks that tomcat is working
> > great.
>
> What do you mean by "crashes" and "access it"?  What URL are you
> pointing at and does that request hang, return "no response" or

OK, I"m only running tomcat, not tomcat4. I'm installing tomcat4 now and
will report back with those headaches if any.

crash - ever see a java app crash? It spits out a laundry list of
inheritance messes that lead back to where the error is which in this case
was some kind of overflow. I can't reproduce it right now, I'm
uninstalling tomcat.

access - point netscape to localhost:8080 (default for tomcat)

> Maybe try stopping tomcat, manually killing threads if you have
> to and then restarting it.

Good idea. However w/ tomcat, it was die when I said: /etc/init.d/tomcat
stop. I'm going to try this newer ver and see. Thanks for the help.

Fred