Greg Lopp on Fri, 3 May 2002 12:53:29 -0400

Re: [PLUG] rc.local ? Config Problem

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:07:08PM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:

> > > Is there any quick reason why this is? ps thinks that tomcat is working
> > > great.
> >
> > What do you mean by "crashes" and "access it"?  What URL are you
> > pointing at and does that request hang, return "no response" or
>
> OK, I"m only running tomcat, not tomcat4. I'm installing tomcat4 now and
> will report back with those headaches if any.
>
> crash - ever see a java app crash?
All too often of late.  I just wanted to make sure that we were
talking about the same thing.
> It spits out a laundry list of
> inheritance messes that lead back to where the error is which in this case
> was some kind of overflow. I can't reproduce it right now, I'm
> uninstalling tomcat.
>
> access - point netscape to localhost:8080 (default for tomcat)
>
> > Maybe try stopping tomcat, manually killing threads if you have
> > to and then restarting it.
>
> Good idea. However w/ tomcat, it was die when I said: /etc/init.d/tomcat
> stop. I'm going to try this newer ver and see. Thanks for the help.

Make sure that you grab tomcat4-webapps too.  Otherwise your
/usr/share/tomcat4/webapps will be empty and there will be no
servlet to load from localhost:8080.