Jeff Weisberg on Fri, 3 May 2002 18:03:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting thread on SEUL-EDU mailing list...

| Not true, actually. It conducts *really* well (though don't get
| rooked into thinking that those gold-connectored cables at Radio
| Shack are anywhere near worth what they're charging).

it conducts well, but I wouldn't say "*really* well". It does not
conduct as well as, say, copper.
	silver   1.6 e-8 ohm-meter
	copper   1.7 e-8 ohm-meter
	gold     2.5 e-8 ohm-meter
	aluminum 2.8 e-8 ohm-meter

It is used on the ends of those "wicked cool" radio-shack cables
because it does not oxidize well (ie. it stays shiny and pretty).
Oxidized metals (ie. icky and dirty) don't conduct as well.

	--jeff