gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 3 May 2002 17:29:50 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting thread on SEUL-EDU mailing list...

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:32:22AM -0400, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
> except that gold is just as much a fiat currency as our dollars are today.
> it has no (significant) intrinsic value, its value is derived from people
> having faith in its usefulness in transferring wealth, just like our
> paper money.

Not true, actually. It conducts *really* well (though don't get
rooked into thinking that those gold-connectored cables at Radio
Shack are anywhere near worth what they're charging).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net