gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 3 May 2002 23:50:23 +0200

Re: [PLUG] keysignings / inactive keys

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:33:35AM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> 14 keys in the keyring haven't done any signing this year.  I split
> them off from phillylinux.gpg to inactive.gpg.  There's a page under
> http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/ that explains this.  It's mostly because
> of how large the printout of fingerprints has become (4 pages).
>
> At the last keysigning at Netaxs MCT printed only the first two lines of
> each key.  Tonight Bill Jonas suggested possibly putting just the name,
> email address, and fingerprint of each person on one line.  I'm open
> to suggestions.  I can probably write a script to automate pretty much
> any kind of formatting.

The problem with this is that it doesn't show the user's other uids,
which really should be verified and signed separately. (Shouldn't
they?)

Maybe that doesn't matter for the meeting, but it does for those
following your new email-and-exchange-a-passphrase method. (That is,
you need one passphrase per email address, not per person.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net