pinkee on Mon, 6 May 2002 15:50:16 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Biglumber - new key signing site

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 05:21:06PM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 04/23, Noah silva wrote:
> > lol, nor do I expect you to (nor do I sign most of these posts...)  But if
> > you had grabbed my Public key from my web page (or another public
> > keyserver), and verified the signatures on my emails as coming from the
> > same ID, and then later sigs in newer emails failed validation, you would
> > know that either:
> > a.) I made a new Key, and the public key you have for me is out of date
> > or
> > b.) It isn't me.
>
> Nope, I wouldn't notice.  I have gpg configured to automatically download
> any key I am attempting to verify the signature of if I don't already have
> it.  I deal with a *lot* of keys, so this automation is very helpful for
> me.  And the only thing I trust is signatures, not just whether or not I
> have a matching key.

I am not picking on Noah here, in fact I am picking on Darxus. Nearly
every meeting we have a key signing. Nearly every moth, we  have the
Why? So, Darxus step up to the plate amd give a presentation. I think
many people would benefit, (Darxus: I love you :))

This is a necessarily difficult concept. If it wans't, there would be no
point to it. If darxus wiggles his way out of a good solid gpg/pgp how
and, more importantly *why* to, who is willing to step up to the plate?

I already have a presentation lined uo, so no volunteering men. :)

Darxus? I think it is your area of expertise and your freaking turn.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com