Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 6 May 2002 11:40:14 +0200

[PLUG] gpg algorithm choice

I imported my gpg public key at work so I can send myself encrypted
secrets at home. ;-)

On my work machine, gpg reports

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: using secondary key 29595FCD instead of primary key 0D1DAE4B
gpg: No trust check due to --always-trust option
gpg: reading from `/tmp/mutt-tintin-12047-392'
gpg: writing to `-'
gpg: ELG-E/RIJNDAEL encrypted for: 29595FCD Jeff Abrahamson <jeff@purple.com>
gpg: this cipher algorithm is depreciated; please use a more standard one!

Now, I presume gpg meant deprecated, but, if anything, the gpg at work
that emit the error above is older. Moreover, Rijndael is relatively
new, isn't it?

Which is to say, anyone understand what gpg is complaining about?

--
 Jeff

 The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web:
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>