Samantha on Mon, 6 May 2002 20:30:33 +0200

[PLUG] sed help

hello all

I have a program that mails me the weather. But I first pipe it into a
file and mail the file to me. I am not sure how to word this, but
when I cat the file onto console, the results look like I want it. But if
I look at it via an editor there are some chars in the beginning that look
like this:
^[[H^[[2J

And those chars are mailed to me along with my results.

So I do a sed search and replace (replacing the hex values with nothing)
like this:
sed 's'/\\x27\\x91\\x72\\x27\\x91\\x50\\x74//g' text_file > text_file2

Nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
Samantha