John lavin on Wed, 8 May 2002 22:21:22 -0400

[PLUG] OT: bad bios battery?

I have a box that I have left unused/unplugged for a while now.  I went
and tried to hook it up, plugged it in flipped the switch, the fan turns
on, the keyboard lights flashed, then nothing.

OK, hit the reset button.  Same thing except I get now I get the bios screen and am put directly into bios setup.  I attempt to move around with my keyboard to no avail.  Nothing.

I hit reset one more time - this time nothing happens.  The fan's been
running the whole time, but the keyboard lights didn't flash this time
so I decided to power cycle and I'm back to square one with the fan
running, the keyboard lights flashing and nothing else.

I did boot this machine up briefly a week ago, but didn't leave it up or
plugged in.  My first suspect is the bios battery, but anyone else seen
this behavior?

-john
--
John Lavin