Darxus on Sat, 11 May 2002 01:20:14 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Revolution OS

On 05/10, Michael Leone wrote:
> How can a Chinatown VCD be legal (presuming a copyrighted work)? Even
> when it is legal to produce them (I've seen a  Korean VCD version of Toy
> Story), is it legal to sell them in this country? I would have thought
> that the studios would have made that a condition of sale (kinda like an
> OEM copy is not supposed to be sold retail) that it only be sold in
> Asia.

It's a valid commercial media format supported by most current american DVD
players.  I haven't heard of any restrictions on it.  That would be dumb.
I'm sure it's much easier to copy the VHS version.

--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it." - Mahatma Gandhi