gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 12 May 2002 16:52:18 -0400

Re: [PLUG] frustrating nic issues

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 04:37:55PM -0400, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> Any advice would be much appreciated. I am at a loss now.

Sounds like you may not be getting a default route.

What's route(8) say?

Also, have you tried manually configuring the interface? (You're
probably safe doing an ifconfig to an address within the server's
DHCP range, as long as you don't do so permanently and there's
nothing else using it at the same time.)

I guess it *could* be a hardware problem, but that wouldn't be my
first bet.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net