Art Clemons on Sun, 12 May 2002 23:40:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] AbiWord 1.0.1 Released

Paul:

After I find it I will try it. I would be willing to pay for

Corel WP for Linux if I found at a low price at a computer show

or something.

I'm told that WP8 in limited form is still available for download at various and sundry sites. It's rare to see the 8 version for sale although I have seen in the past six months seen a copy of the Linux WP9 which was really a Wined version of the Windows WP9. Some folks have had a great deal of difficulty with that version and frankly, a newer version of Wine with WP10 probably makes more sense if you're desperate for WordPerfect compatibility.

The newest version of AbiWord opens the WP6/7/8/9/10 format if they're text files, but any graphics may disappear or get really distorted in the process, something even WP8 can do rather well. KWord is rumored to be able to deal with said files but I've never managed to get it to work.