Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 13 May 2002 11:07:57 -0400

Re: [PLUG] 3 nic cards

Thanks to those who have helped so far. I'm getting further with this. The
interrupts are fine, Gabriel, I was premature last night when I said that,
but now things are worked out: using interrupts

  5:          5          XT-PIC  NE2000
  9:        128          XT-PIC  eth2
 10:       2092          XT-PIC  eth0

> Another problem usually resides with the agp video card sharing the same
> irq as the pci slot next to it.  This is Motherboard specific, but when
> adding cards to the system it can be a problem.  I also don't see the
> irq for your es1371 sound card listed.

No agp, no sound card (I pulled it, but driver still tries to load, not
worried about sound at this point).

OK, now that the interrupts are fixed, what else could it be? I can get
one interface or another but not all three. I make sure dsl modem loads
before all. I'm putting that on my tulip for now.

I load tulip driver (/etc/modules) first which goes to modem. Next I load
ne which I set to load 192.168.1.1, this works. But when I go to load
natsemi and I try to put it on 192.168.0.1, the network can't be reached.
I know that this is b/c I don't know enough about networks: I was trying
to assign the second network to 192.168.0.7 while the first was
192.168.0.1, but this won't work. Now I have this

                               outside
                                  ^

                -----------------eth0---------------------
              eth1                                     eth2
            192.168.1.1                             192.168.0.1
               dano                                    python
            192.168.1.2                             192.168.0.2

where:
eth0 = tulip
eth1 = ne
eth2 = natsemi