Paul . L . Snyder on Wed, 15 May 2002 11:50:43 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Mac-on-Linux

On Tue, May 14, 2002, "gabriel rosenkoetter" <gr@eclipsed.net> wrote:

>> I know. I meant mac classic. Mac OS X has mac classic emulation, IIRC.
>
>Sure, but the thread was originally about building supposedly
>portable software on Mac OS X (which is what prompted my question).

Let's migrate even farther from the thread: if you're not familiar
with it, there is a hardware-independent mac68k emulator available -
rather like bochs, but for 680x0 hardware (though you do need Mac ROM
images to run it).

[ http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/B2Main.html ]

The emulator is Basilisk II - I thought that it was available in Debian,
but I can't seem to find the package in the list.  RPMs are available on
the above website.

It's very good for playing Crystal Quest and Asterax.

pls