Kevin Brosius on Wed, 15 May 2002 15:56:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Professional SUSE8 and Oracle9i anyone?

Daniel G Roberts wrote:

> Hello All
> Anyone out there have the Professional Version of SUSE 8.0 running Oracle 9i
> or Oracle 8.1.7?
> The Oracle site doens't mention that SUSE8 is certified.  The SUSE site says
> that SUSE8.0 personal is certified vs Oracle 8.17 and Oracle 9i while SUSE
> states that they no longer certify the Professional SUSE8.0 for Oracle.
>
> DAn

Rather odd.  My understanding of the pro versus personal versions is
that they just ship more packages with the pro version.  (I have a copy
of 8.0 Pro myself.)  But if they haven't actually run the certification
test on a system setup from the Pro disks, I suppose they can't publish
certification.

Do you have a production environment which you aren't allowed to run
without SuSE saying it is certified?  Or do you just want to know if it
works?  I'd don't have Oracle installed, so can't help you with that.

The suse-linux-e mailing list is fairly high traffic, and can be found
from http://www.suse.com.  The archives are searchable if you use MARC
at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&w=2.

--
Kevin Brosius