Noah silva on Fri, 17 May 2002 12:32:51 -0400

RE: [PLUG] wireless/ricochet

This isn't an eradio for a WAP, it is a poletop (repeater) radio, so I
don't think it has an ethernet port.  I am going to try to configure it to
repeat signals from the normal consumer radios though.  Then, f.e. I can
put it on my roof and power it up.  I can use one ricochet modem in my
house, and one down the street.  Because of the elevation, the poletop may
be able to repeat the signal where the modems might not get a direct
connection.  The poletops were originally programmed to do this, as they
offered private network service.  Later, they decided to offer only
internet service, so they disabled this feature ;(

Also, the poletops can communicate between themselves at 2.4 ghz.  With
two of them, I could set one up on top of my house, one at a
friend's.  We should have fairly good ricochet coverage between and around those
locations.

But, we'll see when I have time to actually play.

 -- noah silva