Noah Silva on Fri, 17 May 2002 22:55:58 -0400

Re: [PLUG] debian mpeg video player

"Polished" means everything works, without having to make any changes to
config files, everything works as expected, etc.  Debian is nice, but it
is certainly rough around the edges in some places.  That isn't a big
deal for unix buffs, but it is for end-users used to mac or windows or
other more QA'd systems.  (not that everything works in windows he he).

The KDE3 in Suse is polished fairly well in that it doesn't look or act
like bleeding edge.

Don't get me wrong, for me, I prefer debian too, that's why I use it.
But it needs work in some ways.

 -- noah silva