Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 17 May 2002 20:08:25 -0400

Re: [PLUG] debian mpeg video player

> Have you looked at Suse 8.0?  Much more polished than debian, while

I have heard the word 'polished' before, but I honestly don't know what it
means when referring to distros. I think it might me guified.

> including very new stuff (like KDE 3).  I use woody on my desktop, but
> the updates often break things (Galeon a couple of weeks ago when a new
> mozilla was added, apparently without checking), and potato is very out
> of date for desktop app stuff (I use it on some servers).

Anyway, debian _does_ have kde3, it's not going into woody, though, as
kde3 is bleeding edge

---fwd---

deb http://kde3.geniussystems.net/debian /

apt-get install arts kdelibs kdebase (etc...)

currently you must purge all kde222 debs first (i will fix this for final)
apt-get remove --purge kdelibs3
apt-get remove --purge libarts

NEVER use dpkg --force-* it will most likely permanently break your system
requiring a full reinstall

official liquid
http://arachni.kiwi.uni-hamburg.de/~harlekin/debs/
ia64 debs